To become an MOT Tester in classes 4 & 7 you will need to have achieved an accepted level 3 qualification or accreditation (please see VTAA for further info).
MOT Training Experts specialise in delivering the Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (Class 4 & 7) in a four day training course. Once you have passed this award in MOT Testing, you will be able to attend your VT8 practical course (Demonstration Test) and be signed off as a Nominated Tester.
Whats included in the MOT Testing Level 2 Award?
This MOT Tester Training Course will improve your testing skills to help you become a qualified MOT Tester for classes 4 & 7.
At the end of the course you will be assessed by completing a MOT inspection yourself and a online assessment which will be an open book exam enabling you to use the MOT Inspection Manual and your class notes.
The Award in MOT Testing Class 4 & 7 will never expire. Once you’ve finished and passed this course, your qualification will be valid for life.
We also train on a one to one basis. Please enquire should you wish to use this service.
After successfully passing your Level 2 Award in MOT Testing, we can book you onto the VT8 which is the final demonstration test carried out by yourself in the presence of a DVSA vehicle examiner.
To become an MOT Tester for classes 4 & 7 you need to:
- Have an accepted level 3 qualification or VTAA accreditation;
- Have a current and full UK driving licence for classes 4 & 7;
- Ideally be a skilled mechanic with at least four years in full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested;
- Have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation; and
- be of good repute.
The course will cover theory and practical training on becoming an MOT Tester. There are 5 parts to the course:
- Safe working practices in the vehicle test centre;
- Working relationships within the vehicle test centre;
- Managing your own professional development as an MOT tester;
- Carrying out pre-test checks for an MOT test; and
- Carrying out an MOT test.