What is a Class 5?
Class 5 vehicles are private passenger vehicles, ambulances, motor caravans and dual purpose vehicles, in all cases with 13 or more passenger seats. Class 5 light (5L) are limited to 5000KG design gross weight (DGW).
To become an Class 5L MOT Tester, you will need to be a qualified MOT tester in classes 4 and 7.
If you haven’t achieved this qualification, you can find out more here.
As from the 13th August 2017, to become a Class 5L (minibuses) MOT tester you’ll need to successfully complete:
- additional training in Class 5L
- a DVSA MOT demonstration test
Who might be interested in taking this course?
This qualification is developed for those individuals who wish to be able to MOT test class 5 (minibuses).
What we can do for you
- A full days hands-on practical training at our training centre on our very own class 5 minibus
- Your VT8 (demonstration test) with the DVSA to be done at our training centre with an assistant on hand to help
- Training and Class 5L exam
- Full use of our Class 5L vehicle for the DVSA demonstration test
- 1 full days tailored training in our state-of-the-art training facility with the latest class 5 equipment to teach you how to carry out a Class 5L test
- Full support and an assistant during your VT8 (demonstration test) with the DVSA at our training centre